In yesterday’s post Barry Farmilo, senior pastor of C3 Church North Shore in Auckland NZ told us how your church can use Google Adwords to get noticed in a crowded world. Today he shares his 7 steps to a successful campaign.
For those just starting out, here are my 7 steps to a successful Google Adwords campaign.
1. Put Google analytics on your website so you can track visitor behavior accurately
2. Set up an Adword account and create a campaign
3. Design an Ad targeting the type of people you are trying to attract (tip, – get the opinion of a few people in your target demographic regarding the Ad)
4. Choose a number of keywords ( these are the words people will type into their browser when searching). Useful tools are Google Keyword Planner. The Dimensions analysis gives you a day to day report which is useful for analysis.
5. Put a reasonable budget under your campaign, then run your advert for a month.
6. Rigorously evaluate the performance, keyword clicks, visitor flow, time on site etc
7. Assess in other ways whether your campaign is succeeding, through talking with first time visitors to your Church, business or whatever it is you’re promoting.
Google Adwords is only one tool for promoting your web presence.
In fact, there are many other ways of doing a similar thing, but for instant results Adwords are hard to beat.
The alternative to all the above is to pay an Adword professional to set it all up for you. But ultimately it will still be up to you to evaluate the results.